[BRLTTY] [patch] fix installation of ocaml bindings for gentoo linux

William Hubbs w.d.hubbs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 13:20:29 EDT 2011

Hi Dave,

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 10:47:10AM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:
> I haven't answered right away because I've been trying to think about this
> issue. I say "trying", because I myself am not a Caml user. Are you? Do you
> happen to know what the real significance of htis optoin is, and, in fact,
> whether or not we need it at all? If we don't need it, my preference is to
> scrap it. If we do need it, my preference is to autodetect when it's needed and
> when it isn't.

Unfortunately I am not a caml user either, so I don't know a lot about
the option.

All I know for sure is that on gentoo, we set the OCAMLFIND_LDCONF
environment variable to ignore since we do not use the -ldconf option,
then the brltty Makefile overrides our setting with the -ldconf option
specified on the command line.

The patch was written because make install fails for us if the -ldconf
option is on the command line.
option is given on the command line.

William