[BRLTTY] BRLTTY 4.3 and multithreading

marquats at studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de marquats at studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue May 24 07:20:57 EDT 2011

Hello,

a while ago, on April 22, BRLTTY 4.3 was announced in this list. Can it
already be downloaded, be it as a release or a development version? I
couldn't find it anywhere.

Also I want to ask: has the multithread problem been fixed in version 4.3?
In a multithreaded Windows forms application, I couldn't make the Braille
input by braille terminal work. It seems this is not possible with version
4.2
We have discussed this on this list in last November, subject: "strange
problem with windows forms app".

Might it pay to try this out with version 4.3, or don't you expect any
changes with respect to this problem?

I am still planning to replace Jaws by BRLTTY for the braille learning
program we have written. We want to use MS speech API and BRLAPI to
implement speech output, braille output and braille input. We could change
the program (a windows forms app) to a console application, but we
strongly desire to retain the graphical user interface.

Greetings, Thomas Marquardt