[BRLTTY] Bluetooth: No go

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Oct 2 10:18:43 EDT 2011

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2011/10/02 at 09:42 -0400]

>Feeling masochistic I decided to try Bluetooth. The result was abysmal
>failure. Attached is brltty's config file. A few uncommented lines at
>the beginning are the only significant contents; everything else is
>commented out.

Thanks. Please comment out "speech-driver al" as that's for the old Delphi
(4nn) models. It's even possible that this is causing your reset problem as the
commands to make the Delphi models speak could conceivably be confusing the BC
models. This is somethingt brltty should protect against, but it's something we
hadn't thought of.

Also, for the sake of simplifying the testing, please try USB and Bluetooth
separately by explicitly specifying the braille device for now, and also please
explicitly specify the al braille driver. Once it's workingb we can try being
more general again.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.