[BRLTTY] Command learn mode

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Oct 4 18:13:16 EDT 2011

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2011/10/04 at 17:29 -0400]

>It seems some keys on the BC640 don't produce correct text in command
>learn mode. These seem especially to be chord commands. Space+dots123
>is the Home command but in learn mode it just says "code".

This'll correct whenever the 2.8 firmware can be used. For pre-2.8 BCs, the
braille keyboard is being handled as though it were a PC keyboard so keyboard
scan codes, rather than brltty commands, are being processed.

There may be a way to make learn mode do something mroe meaningful with
keyboard scan codes. I'll have a look at it.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.