[BRLTTY] Next and previous console commands lose position

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 14 10:43:45 EDT 2011

Hi folks,

If I use the computer keyboard to switch among consoles I always
return to the position I was on each time I go to a console. But if I
use brltty's commands to do this, each time I go to a console I go to
the cursor position. Personally, I'd rather go back to the same
reading position.

For example, if I'm on line 5 of console 2 and use the keyboard
commands Alt plus right arrow, Alt plus left arrow, I'm back on line
5. But if I use the Alva BC640's Next and Previous console commands
I'm back on console 2 but at the cursor position instead of line 5.

If this was a design decision then changing it constitutes an
incompatible change needing careful consideration and perhaps a change
in the documentation. But if it's inadvertent it might not be too hard
to adjust.

What do people think?

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll