[BRLTTY] Could CSRJMP_VERT be made to work with Lynx?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Oct 24 13:51:14 EDT 2011

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2011/10/23 at 08:04 -0400]

>The manual says this command may not always work, but from an
>algorithm standpoint it doesn't seem like Lynx would be too hard. The
>down arrow does go to the next link, but using the bc640 at least
>this command does not succeed. I just tested it on Wikipedia and it
>doesn't do anything for small moves and is incorrect for large ones.

Please retest with the latest development code.

The problem is that applications like lynx and vim temporairly move the cursor
to the status line in order to update it. When the old routing algorithm saw
the cursor move to an unexpected location it just gave up. The new (as of
today) algorithm waits until the cursor seems to have stopped moving.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.