[BRLTTY] INKA horizontal sensors

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Tue Oct 25 20:29:12 EDT 2011

My Humanware Brailliant (i.e., Baum SuperVario 40 rebranded) is in service at
the moment to clean the cells. I have thus taken the INKA out of the cupboard
and I'm running it for the first time with BRLTTY 4.2, the latest in Debian
Sid.

The only problem that I have noticed so far is the following.

The horizontal sensors, by themselves, function correctly for cursor routing.
However, the combinations of display keys + sensors, which ought to mark and
cut text, don't invoke the required operations. I've looked at the kti files
for the INKA and the Baum driver, and while I can see a mapping of horizontal
sensors to routing, it isn't clear whether this entry should also handle
sensors activated in combination with display keys or whether there is a need
for additional entries, perhaps even code changes, to handle this case.

I have a compiler at the ready if need be, and an svn repository checked out.