[BRLTTY] Two remaining Alva problems

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 30 11:22:05 EDT 2011

Hi all,

Awhile ago I reported that switching from one console to another with
SmartPadF1 plus left and right arrow always put the braille on the
cursor. This was fixed. SmartPadF1 plus a cursor routing button also
works properly.

Recently I put this line in /etc/rc.local:

keycode 91  = Last_Console

This causes the Windows key, otherwise unused, to flip between the
current console and the one used most recently. This one works
properly for at most the first two times. After that the display goes
to the cursor. I wonder if this is easy enough to fix.

The other thing is, it seems to be impossible to use the cut
buffer. No matter how staccato I press ThumbLeft+CursorRouting, the
display pans left and the buffer is not initialized (as far as I can
tell). The same happens at the end of the buffer. If it's a small
enough area that I can use two routing buttons to bracket the text,
this works fine. I have key repeat turned off in brltty and on
internally so I can use key repeat both online and off, but I think I
tested it once with repeat off and that didn't fix the problem.

Thanks for any help,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll