[BRLTTY] Improving the speech support of brltty

Eric Scheibler email at eric-scheibler.de
Wed Apr 25 19:33:00 EDT 2012

Hi,

Dave Mielke wrote:
> What, exactly, should a word be? Should it be bounded by space, by
> non-letters, or what? If non-letters, which non-letters (hyphen,
> underscroe, etc) should still be considered part of a word?

This should be the users choice. In my sample code I've defined a set
of delimiters, which can be changed easiely. Could be a menu option.

Dave Mielke wrote:
> Right now, we effectively have what we could loosely consider two
> cursors. One is the pointer on the screen, and the other is the
> location of the braille display on the screen. These are often the
> same, but needn't be. Do we need a third cursor which would be the
> current speech location?

I agree, too that we need a third cursor. But it's very important,
that the braille and speech cursor work sinchronously together. That
means, the braille display follows the speech cursor and reverse (at
least in the normal mode). I would adapt the behavior of the braille
device in vim. It swiches then the cursor moves out of range. And I
think the same works for navigating char by char.

Regards
Eric