[BRLTTY] Regarding configuring and building brltty from source.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Dec 17 10:57:40 EST 2012

[quoted lines by Jason White on 2012/12/17 at 09:19 +1100]

>You need an upstart configuration for it. I don't know Upstart - I'm not an
>Ubuntu user, but it should be easy to set up.

The brltty source tree contains a file called "upstart.job" in its "Hotplug"
subdirectory. Just copy it into your upstart jobs directory. Now, of course, by
answering this question, I've created two more - which directory, and what
should the file be called?

I'm not familiar with Ubuntu, but I am familiar with upstart. What I know about
upstart is that it all depends on which version of upstart you're using, as
they've changed things around from time to time. Check your system for
"/etc/init" and for "/etc/event.d". It's probably one of those. Then, for the
name, it may or may not need the ".conf" suffix - in other words, look in the
directory to see if the other jobs have names like "brltty" or like
"brltty.conf". When in Roam, do as the Romans do.