[BRLTTY] the xw driver does not display

timothyhobbs at seznam.cz timothyhobbs at seznam.cz
Sun Feb 12 18:19:23 EST 2012

Neither the subversion version of xw, nor the stable version seem to work.  Syslog has this to say:

# cat /var/log/syslog.log
Feb 12 13:31:02 localhost syslog-ng[402]: Configuration reload request received, reloading configuration;
Feb 12 20:06:44 localhost syslog-ng[402]: syslog-ng shutting down; version='3.3.4'
Feb 12 20:07:31 localhost syslog-ng[423]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.3.4'

Doesn't seem to be rellivant.

I have reproduced this on two different Arch machines.  So this is definitely a bug.  I will try using a different desktop environment next.   However, I seem to have run into a seccond problem on my primary machine:

./apitest
Connecting to BrlAPI... failed to connect to :0 using auth /etc/brlapi.key: connect: Adresář nebo soubor neexistuje
(The file or directory does not exist)

I'm not really sure why this appeared.  Especially since /etc/brlapi.key DOES exist.  Perhaps it's due to permissions?

ls -l /etc/brlapi.key
-rw------- 1 root root 33 12. úno 20.38 /etc/brlapi.key

User does not have read permissions for that file.

Timothy