[BRLTTY] brltty and voyager 44 USB-HUB

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Jan 23 00:12:16 EST 2012

[quoted lines by Dietmar Segbert on 2012/01/22 at 15:26 +0100]

>you are right. It works correct if it is plugged direct in the network.

My guess is that the hub is introducing a delay which is causing a timeout to
expire. I've never had a USB hub so I'm unfamiliar with what kinds of delays
they may introduce.

Which release of brltty are you using? If it's the latest one, 4.3, could you
try to see if 4.2 has the same problem? I believe a timeout did get reduced in
4.3. If so, that may be the problem.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html