[BRLTTY] brltty and voyager 44 USB-HUB

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Jan 25 12:33:39 EST 2012

[quoted lines by Dietmar Segbert on 2012/01/23 at 19:31 +0100]

>i use the version of squeeze brltty 4.2.7

I'd expect it to be using the older, longer timeout, then.

>I have tested the voyager with a old usb-hub 1.1. Then the voyager works
>well.

I doubt what you're seeing would be the case for all USB 2.0 hubs. If it were,
I'm sure we'd have heard of this problem more often. It's more likely, in my
opinion, that it's specific to the exact model of hub that you have. The
Voyager, as far as I know, is a USB 1.0 device. It may be that your particular
hub has trouble downgrading to USB 1.0. If you know anyone who can lend you a
different model of USB 2.0 hub, it may be worth giving it a try. Perhaps even
your local store might be willing to let you perform such a test.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html