[BRLTTY] Sluggish shutdown happened sometime after 6338

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 12 13:59:07 EDT 2012

Hi folks,

After working on it for a couple hours all I can tell you is that the
sluggish shutdown began to occur sometime between builds 6338 and
6400.

The commands I used to generate and test the builds are listed
below. In the interest of completeness I include the commands to patch
the grade 2 braille table for my custom rules. These won't affect
anything and in fact I removed them toward the end. The five commands
I used are:

svn up -r xxxx # choose a release to test
patch -p0 <Bad.patch && ./autogen && ./configure -q && make -s # Compile
killall brltty && run-brltty # Make sure it works
killall brltty && rm -fr /etc/brltty && make -s uninstall && make -s install && svn revert Tables/en-us-g2.ctb && brltty # Install and run it
killall brltty && brltty # See if there is a pause before it comes back up

6338 starts up immediately at least 19 out of 20 times. 6400 paused
about 8 out of 10 times. Updating from 6338 to 6339 or later results
in failure at various points in the build process (either ./autogen or
make depending on the build updated to). That's about as close as I
can easily get it.

HTH,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll