[BRLTTY] Alva BC640 perkins input

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Jul 13 10:55:38 EDT 2012

[quoted lines by Nicholas Dechman on 2012/07/13 at 07:09 -0700]

>So, Dave... I'm just bumping my issue up :)

No problem. I'm still thinking about it.

The FreecomScientific driver (used for your Focus) and the BrailleNote driver
use a different mechanism for keyboard input than does the Alva driver. This is
because the FS and BN drivers see the actual keys and send braille dot
combinations to the core, whereas the Alva driver sees HID packets, which it
maps to keyboard scan codes.  I'm somewhat mystified, though, because the
BrlAPI server already does pass these keyboard scan codes to the core.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html