[BRLTTY] Pacmate, modify wheel action

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Jul 22 00:43:15 EDT 2012

[quoted lines by Raphaël POITEVIN on 2012/07/22 at 00:42 +0200]

>I'm helping smoebody to use his pacmate with BRLTTY. I'd like to use
>the left wheel to simulate arrow keys.
>I tried to change the config file /etc/brltty/brl-fs-common.kti as below :
>bind !LeftWheelUp KEY_CURSOR_UP
>bind !LeftWheelDown KEY_CURSOR_DOWN
>like in the Braille Star config file.
>But it seems to have no effect.
>I can't try myself because I'm not physically on the machine.

Was brltty restarted after the change? The key talbe is only loaded whenever
the driver it's for starts. You need, therefore, either to restart brltty or to
restart the braille driver. To restart the braille driver, there needs to be a
binding for RESTARTBRL.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html