[BRLTTY] Saving of the line markers

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Jul 31 00:37:50 EDT 2012

[quoted lines by Eric Scheibler on 2012/07/31 at 00:36 +0200]

>I often use the line markers (CapsLock + 1-4) to jump to certain lines
>quickly. But at the moment these markers aren't saved so I must define them
>again after every restart of Brltty. Is it possible to make them permanently?

Those marks are per screen, i.e. per virtual console. It was done that way
since you may wish to define different marks per application. As such, I
suspect that it ultimately doesn't make much sense to save them.

>And another issue: Jumping to the marked positions is possible for all four
>with CapsLock + 1-4 (laptop keyboard layout). But I can't set the marker 2
>(CapsLock + Shift + 2) so it remains in the first line. no problem with the
>other three. Could you reproduce that?

That's probably a property of your particular keyboard.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html