[BRLTTY] Some more things for v4.4

Eric Scheibler email at eric-scheibler.de
Fri Jun 1 13:25:58 EDT 2012

Hello Nicolas,

Nicolas Pitre <nico at fluxnic.net> schrieb am 30.05.2012,  3:35 -0400:
>On Wed, 30 May 2012, Eric Scheibler wrote:
>
>> 1. Announcing of capitals still doesn't work if I set the "raise
>> pitch" method. Letters are spoken with a higher pitch but also are doubled.
>> If I type "jJ" on the command line I get "jJJ" and sometimes also "jJJJJ".
>> As far as I could test this happens with all letters. With the "say cap"
>> option all is ok.
>
>What is the speech driver you use?  I've observed the same thing with
>the eSpeak driver as changing the pitch somehow appears to take CPU time
>away from the keyboard event processing, and my presumption is that the
>key release events are delayed long enough for the auto-repeat action to
>kick in.
Yes I use espeak. Although I would prefer the raise pitch method to
announce capitals I've used to the say cap method so it's no critical bug
for me, just would to report it.

BRLTTY is not making any filtering on the punctuation character es.  It
>relies on the speech synthesizer to do the job.  Now if you are using
>eSpeak, you can modify the list of pronounced punctuation when the level
>is set to "some" by passing BRLTTY the -S argument with -S and
>es:punctlist= followed by the  list of characters you want pronounced in
>that mode.
Ah thanks for that hint, works perfectly.

>> 4. This refers to brltty's copy / paste feature: Is it possible to keep the
>> line break when I copy more than one line into the buffer?
>
>Yes: you need to use the rectangular copy function.
Nice, that's what I searched for.

And something else: is it possible to assign the function "speak inserted
characters" to a keyboard shortcut? This would save me a lot of time.

Regards
Eric