[BRLTTY] SAY functions added to laptop key table.

Eric Scheibler email at eric-scheibler.de
Mon Jun 4 14:25:09 EDT 2012

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> schrieb am 04.06.2012, 13:27 -0400:
>[quoted lines by Eric Scheibler on 2012/06/04 at 19:08 +0200]
>
>>I don't know if it's necessary but maybe you could add the skip option also
>>for the speech cursor. Then the user can choose if the braille cursor, the
>>speech cursor or both should skip over identical lines.
>
>I can see the appeal of that, but I don't particularly want to get into
>duplicating all of the vertical navigation functionality (previous/next prompt,
>previous/next paragraph, etc) for speech. We should always do what's best for
>hte user, though, so speech users will have to advise us on what they think.
I understand and agree. If there is no difference we don't need a second
command for speech. For example the next prompt command works well with the
speech, and why shouldn't?
At the moment I don't need "say prev line" and "say next line" cause I can't see
a difference to lnup and lndn except the skip identical lines thing. So I
use lnup and lndn and this is okay for me. I only mentioned it in the last
mail cause of the, in my opinion, inconsistent behavior.
I thought that the skip option refers to all line moving commands
regardless if speech or braille and that you forgot to link the skip option to the say command.
But if this was your intention it's all right and you can consider it done.

Regards
Eric