[BRLTTY] Brltty and the MPD client Ncmpc

Eric Scheibler email at eric-scheibler.de
Sun Jun 10 19:53:05 EDT 2012

Hello Samuel,

Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> schrieb am 10.06.2012, 21:08 +0200:
>Eric Scheibler, le Sun 10 Jun 2012 21:02:43 +0200, a écrit :
>> My question is: why does the cursor tracking not work? Is this a brltty
>> issue or is the application the problem and I should contact the developer
>> of ncmpc?
>
>The application is "at fault" here: it should bring the tty cursor to
>the selection (for now it only uses video inversion and leaves the
>cursor on the first entry).
>
>So you should contact the developer of ncmpc. Tell him to try
>
>TERM=vt100 ncmpc
>
>to see where the cursor goes.

Ok I've sent him an e-mail. Could you give me some more information about
the term variable in case that he asks me about that?

And besides that: Am I right that the problem is the usage of the curses /
ncurses library to display the cursor? If so, would it also be possible to adapt
Brltty so that it could follow these visual cursors too? This would be very
helpful cause many of the interactive console programs use ncurses.

Regards
Eric