[BRLTTY] Getting Alva BC680 to work...

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Fri Mar 2 20:42:14 EST 2012

Tami Kinney <tamara.8024 at comcast.net> wrote:

> If anyone else is using the BC680 with BRLTTY and Orca who would
> like to give me an idiot level tutorial so I can get the machine up
> and running while I have it here, I would appreciate.

Some people on this list have managed to get the Alva BC640 working, but
difficulties were encountered with the firmware as Dave indicated. I can't
remember any mailing list posts about a BC680, but I could be wrong. I would
expect the 640 and 680 to have very similar firmware, however.

I read the list regularly, but I certainly don't remember everything that is
posted. I personally use a display from Baum that works very well with BRLTTY.
Alva have always had a very good reputation for the quality of their equipment.
I don't know whether this has changed at all following their merger with
Tieman to form Optelec, though.