[BRLTTY] Question on braille grade 2 translation on word with focus

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 6 15:03:02 EST 2012

On Tue, Mar 06, 2012 at 01:56:15PM -0500, Peter Torpey wrote:
> Using Vinux with Orca, I have braile Grade 2 translation turned on.
>
> I notice that the word where the focus is always has Grade 2 translation
> turned off and appears in Grade 1.
>
> I didn't see any setting in any of the Orca dialogs for braille that would
> let me have an entire line translated into Grade 2 braille without expanding
> the word with focus into Grade 1.
>
> Is there an option some place for this?

I don't use Orca, but in brltty itself go into the Preferences
menu. Text style should be set to 6-dot computer braille. The option
below that is to expand current word. Set this to No.

I'm using brltty 4.3. Older versions worked a bit differently. But as
to whether this will affect Orca I have no idea.

HTH,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll