[BRLTTY] Here is a log of my brltty problem.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Mar 6 23:53:38 EST 2012

[quoted lines by Anders Holmberg on 2012/03/06 at 16:40 +0100]

>Now i can find the papenmeier driver but as you can see in the log
>its not found by brltty.

Yes, brltty is finding it. The problem has to do with your libusb installation.
Since I'm not a Windows expert, I'll leave that for others to figure out. What
I'll do here, though, is point to the meaningful part of your log.

>brltty.exe: USB: testing: vendor=0403 product=F208

This is your Papenmeier braille device. The fact that brltty then continues to
try to do something with this device, rather than just go ahead and check out
the next uSB device on your system, means that the Papenmeier driver is now in
control and trying to do something.

>brltty.exe: libusb_open error 40: Function not implemented.

This is the real error. I don't know what it means on a Windows system. What it
means at a high level is that brltty's libusb-1.0 interface called
libusb_open() and got back LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED.

>brltty.exe: USB configuration descriptor not readable: 0
>brltty.exe: USB configuration descriptor not found: 1

These two are errors which fall out from the original one.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html