[BRLTTY] BRLTTY in GRUB

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Mar 15 16:26:41 EDT 2012

[quoted lines by Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko on 2012/03/15 at 20:42 +0100]

>>>Currently with a pointer to a structure.
>>Has there been no need yet to identify a USB device in, say, grub.conf?
>s,grub.conf,grub.cfg (it seems you've missed an upgrade)
>Mostly this code was used for usbms (there we identify by UUID
>anyway) and keyboards (we just attach all of them).
>I think vendor:device would be the most convenient way if we have to.

I'm just suggesting that if grub.conf already has a syntax for specifying a USB
device then we may be able to add support for that same syntax.

>>Specifying the serial number is optional. Most users don't specify it. The
>>normal case is that each driver knows which vendour/product ids it supports.
>>
>If it's optional then it's one problem less.

It's not even a problem unless you've modified usb.c. It all just works. If you
have modified usb.c then you shouldn't have.

>I see now that I misread isQualifiedDevice. The issue is settled then.

The code works as is. Just leave it alone and it'll be fine.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html