[BRLTTY] BRLTTY in GRUB

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Fri Mar 16 19:17:46 EDT 2012

Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko, le Fri 16 Mar 2012 19:40:09 +0100, a écrit :
> What's with bidi? Does our code has to supply unicode lines in logical or
> visual order

Better supply in logical order, because braille still reads from left to
right, and it would be a mess when mixing with left-to-right text.

The way I have seen bidi rendering implementations work is that
everything happens in logical order, except in the actual rendering on
screen, where either the line begins on the right instead of on the
left (e.g. because it starts with a right-to-left character), or the
text is buffered to be displayed from right to left when switching to
left-to-right, or at the end of line.

Samuel