[BRLTTY] Contraction errors and patch: Boer, more's, others

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 21 14:06:14 EDT 2012

Hi folks,

Here are sixteen words I'd like to submit. These fixes started when I
noticed that Prendergast didn't use the en sign. I began looking at
all words that start with pre. But since there are so many of them I
discovered a few unrelated ones along the way.

My word list is one I concocted out of SCOWL: Spell Checker Oriented
Word List. Here are the fixes in this file; I believe they're all
right:

Boer (should not use the er sign)
more's (as in more's the pity--should not use the more sign)
preace (should use the ea sign)
Preakness (ditto)
predecessor (should use the ed sign)
predicate (and related words--should all use the ed sign)
predication (ditto; note that prediction should not)
predikant (ditto)
preerect )since erect doesn't use er, neither should preerect)
Pren (should use the en)
Prendergast (ditto)
prensa (ditto)
prent (ditto)
prefulgent (should not use the ful sign)
prepsychedelic (should not use the ed sign)
refulgent (also should not use the ful sign)

HTH,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll