[BRLTTY] BRLTTY and Translation Project

Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko phcoder at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 13:48:23 EDT 2012

On 23.03.2012 18:21, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko, le Fri 23 Mar 2012 17:27:08 +0100, a écrit :
>> Any reason not to add it there and profit from more available
>> translations?
> Just that the translation infrastructure is very recent so it hasn't
> been done yet, but it's a good idea indeed. One issue, however, is that
> the translator have to be quite careful and probably contact a local
> blind institute in order to know how things are called in their
> language.
"Refreshable braille display" article on wikipedia is available in
several languages and could perhaps be a starting point.
But it's also useful to add a short introduction into .pot file.
It's also very useful to add TRANSLATORS: comments. Also in case of GRUB
I follow few of the resulting translations to see where the translators
get it wrong in order to fix the original string and/or add TRANSLATORS
comment.
If someone familiar with BRLTTY understands another language it's very
fruitful to proofread the language in question (while translations done
by people knowing the project are of good quality, the translations by
someone familiar with software translations in general and proofread by
someone familiar with project in question results in even better results
and if the comments are incorporated back in form of corrections and
comments it results in better future translations).

> Samuel

Regards
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko