[BRLTTY] Some problems in the latest brltty code with ubuntu 12.04

Eric Scheibler email at eric-scheibler.de
Sun May 6 10:05:29 EDT 2012

I've played with the key table a bit more. Here is my current one:
bind	ShiftRight+!ArrowLeft		SPEAK_PREV_WORD
bind	ShiftRight+!ArrowRight	SPEAK_NEXT_WORD
bind	ShiftRight+!ArrowUp		SPEAK_PREV_LINE
bind	ShiftRight+!ArrowDown		SPEAK_NEXT_LINE
bind ControlRight+!ArrowLeft	SPEAK_FRST_CHAR
bind ControlRight+!ArrowRight	SPEAK_LAST_CHAR
#bind ControlRight+!ArrowUp		SPEAK_FRST_line
#bind ControlRight+!ArrowDown	SPEAK_LAST_LINE
bind ControlRight+!ShiftRight	 ROUTE_CURR_LOCN
bind ControlRight+!Enter			SPEAK_CURR_LOCN

Brltty has a problem with the speak_first_line / speak_last_line. If I
want to use them in the key table the whole key table is not loaded and
no navigation works. Now I can start it with:
sudo brltty
but still only in the unity desktop environment (terminal), in the
console, the speech is not loaded.

The problem with the fast moving cursor also still exists. When I'am on
the bottom of the screen and move fast upwards line by line, Brltty
crashes and the keyboard chrashes too. So I can't enter anything and I
also can't reach the graphical desktop anymore. So I'am forced to
restart my computer via ssh.

You also changed something in the autocomplete function. For example
when I type "/e" in the shell and press tab, the shell completes it to
"/etc/". Brltty should at least speak "ct/" (did it in an earlier
version), would be still better if it speaks "/etc/". At the moment the
whole path is spoken when I press the space key.

My bug reports are often not very specific. This is cause often I can't
see a system in the bugs, they are indeterministic for me. If you want,
that I should test a specific function just let me know.

Regards
Eric