[BRLTTY] Submenus.

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Tue May 8 14:53:14 EDT 2012

On Tue, May 08, 2012 at 10:34:27AM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:
> [quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2012/05/08 at 10:02 -0400]
>
> >I just built 6399 and am testing it with the run-brltty script. The up
> >and down keys on the display go from one submenu to another, but the
> >panning keys do the same thing. There's no way to open a submenu. This
> >is using an Alva BC640 display.
>
> I guess what I thought would be obvious may not be. The panning keys remain
> panning keys, as that's necessary on small devices. You open a submenu by
> doing the same thing you'd do to change a setting. On an Alva BC640, that'd
> be the SmartpadRight key.

Thanks. That's not the way I usually change options. I usually click
the cursor routing buttons. I tried this (such as by clicking on the
arrow) but it didn't open the submenu. Would this be a possibility?

Also, if I use the panning keys I might appear to be on one submenu,
but when I press the SmartPad Right key it opens another. I wonder if
the panning keys can be fixed such that they won't go off the end of
the current item.

What do you think?

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll