[BRLTTY] brltty 4.3 and papenmeier

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed May 9 11:25:40 EDT 2012

[quoted lines by Philippe Delavalade on 2012/05/09 at 16:52 +0200]

>I have modified driver.c as you asked ; beforme remaking, I ran "make
>clean" ; hope it was not a mistake :-)

The "make clean" wasn't a mistake, but, in this case, it wasn't necessary.

>The command line was :
>
>./run-brltty -b pm -t fr_FR -ldebug -L/home/philippe/tmp/brltty.log

Looks good.

>You'll find the logfile in attachment ; some of the messages are in
>french ; if it is a problem, maybe I can change some variables in lc_*

I can kind of read French. If I get into trouble, I have friends who put up
with me. :-)

The simplest way to force a program to produce English output is to put LANG=C
at the start of the command line. So, for example:

   LANG=C brltty -bpm

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html