[BRLTTY] test result, was re: brltty 4.3 and papenmeier

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon May 14 01:07:45 EDT 2012

[quoted lines by Nicolas Pitre on 2012/05/13 at 21:14 -0400]

>If "Speak Inserted Characters" is "Yes" and "Speak Completed Words" is
>"Yes" then the later should be effective only for words that are more
>than one character long.  Suffice to type a series of "o o o o o o o o"
>to notice the confusion with the current behavior.

Fixed.

>If I set "Show All Items" to "Yes" and then go modify some speech
>options that aren't there otherwise (no driver support for pitch or
>volume for example), then BRLTTY hangs.  Despite this hang which should
>be fixed, I think that those displayed items that aren't active could be
>displayed in parenthesis without any actual value to make it clearer
>they're not effective, just like grayed items in GUI menus.

My original thought was that Show All Items would provide a quick way to go
through all the settings and adjust them. Is that not a useful capability?

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html