[BRLTTY] feedback to the latest improvements was: Re: Error when building BRLTTY

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun May 20 03:28:10 EDT 2012

[quoted lines by Sebastian Humenda on 2012/05/19 at 22:03 +0200]

>The function to go one display length forward/backward (FWINLT/FWINRT). But I
>think Up/Down should react as well, when in this mode.

Am I correct that what you'd like is for movement of the braille display to
drag the system cursor?

If so, are you asking for a preference to enable/disable such a mode?

>Up/Down are currently LNUP and LNDN and that makes sense, IMHO.

Another user posted a set of bindings for the new speech navigation functions
which uses right control and right shift. Should we be using those instead
within the laptop key table?

Perhaps that other user (I forget his name at the moment) could post his latest
set of bindings.

>I would like to see some suggestions by other users since I don't need most of
>the other functions.

Yes, so would I. I'd like to try to get this right before 4.4 is released.

>>Could someone give me an idea regarding what key combinations Speakup and Orca
>>use so that we can try to not confrlict with them?
>Caps+Space e. g. for the preferences. Also Caps and every letter letter
>reachable bei the right hand for keypad simulation (7890uiopjklmm,.).

That'd be for Orca, right? What about for Speakup?

>Can't BRLTTY just determine when it's under X and then disable the keyboard
>keys?

That's not quite so easy. It may not even be right. It could be, for example,
that brltty's navigation functions are better than Orca's when within a text
window.

>The copy / paste command don't work any more with a Pegasus 40 display. After
>pressing the initial CutBegin kombination, the routing key routes the cursor
>instead of starting the cut.

For all routing keys or for specific ones (like maybe just for the leftmost
one)?

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html