[BRLTTY] feedback to the latest improvements was: Re: Error when building BRLTTY

Eric Scheibler email at eric-scheibler.de
Sun May 20 11:21:09 EDT 2012

Hello Dave,

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> schrieb am 20.05.2012,  3:28 -0400:
>Another user posted a set of bindings for the new speech navigation functions
>which uses right control and right shift. Should we be using those instead
>within the laptop key table?
>
>Perhaps that other user (I forget his name at the moment) could post his latest
>set of bindings.
Here is my current key table:
bind  ShiftRight+!ArrowLeft   SPEAK_PREV_WORD
bind  ShiftRight+!ArrowRight 	SPEAK_NEXT_WORD
bind  ShiftRight+!ArrowUp   	SPEAK_PREV_LINE
bind	ShiftRight+!ArrowDown   SPEAK_NEXT_LINE
bind ControlRight+!ArrowLeft	SPEAK_FRST_CHAR
bind ControlRight+!ArrowRight SPEAK_LAST_CHAR
bind	ControlRight+!ArrowUp		SPEAK_FRST_line
bind ControlRight+!ArrowDown	SPEAK_LAST_LINE
bind ControlRight+!ShiftRight ROUTE_CURR_LOCN
bind	ShiftRight+!ControlRight  ROUTE_CURR_LOCN
bind ShiftRight+!Enter				SPEAK_CURR_LOCN

But I don't know if this is suitable for all
users. The most important key bindings are shift+ArrowUp and down. I use
shift cause my shift key is very big and lays directly above the arrow
keys. The advantage compared to capslock is, that I can move the cursor
with one hand only and there are no conflicts with orca. But I think the
right control key is also ok for that job.

Maybe I also assign next/prev word and next/prev line also with
CtrlLeft+ShiftLeft+[h|j|k|l] so I can use them easier during typing. I
didn't try this out yet. I also
append my whole key file so you can see, which keys I've commented
out. For example Capslock + Space, cause this is the orca shortcut to open
the Orca settings menu.

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> schrieb:
>>>Could someone give me an idea regarding what key combinations Speakup and Orca
>>>use so that we can try to not confrlict with them?
>>{...}
>That'd be for Orca, right? What about for Speakup?
Speakup also uses the Capslock key in conjunction with the "uio|jkl|m,."
keys for moving by line, word and char (similar to Orca). It also uses the "7", "8" and "9",
the F-keys (F1 to F12) and a few more. But it doesn't use the arrow keys (as far as I can
remember). This is for laptop keyboard.

Regards
Eric