[BRLTTY] Call for feedback on german message translations

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Mon May 21 08:26:09 EDT 2012

Sebastian Humenda <shumenda at gmx.de> writes:

> Hello Mario,
>
> Mario Lang <mlang at delysid.org> schrieb am 21.05.2012,  0:50 +0200:
>>If you are a german native speaker, I'd like to catch your attention for
>>a while and point you at the ability of BRLTTY to have localized
>>messages.  If you have not noticed so far, yes, thats possible.  All you
> [...]
>>Provided the fact that you got it working such that BRLTTY uses german
>>messages, I'd like you to pay special attention to the actual messages
>>you see.  For instance, the preference menu and help screens should be
>>(mostly) all translated.  I am just a bit unsure about a few of the
>>choices I've made when translating to german.  As usual, technical
> Here are my notes on this:
> * Menü Optionen: I think Menüoptionen is better
> * Kontrollen: for controls "Kontrollen" doesn't sound good, I could image
>   Bedienelemente, Bedienungselemente or something like this. Even Steuerung
>   makes sense.

Thanks for your great feedback.  It has all (and a bit more) been
integrated and is available in a patch attached to this mail (Dave,
please apply.)

> * Tongeber: I cannot remember the Englisch word, but Tongenerator or
>   Tonerzeuger sound better.

The english word is "beeper".  I personally find Tongeber actually OK
since thats a word I have often heared in the PC-Speaker context in the
past.

> Have you already translated all messages?

Not all, but most.

> In the menu, I find e. g. "speak completed words" and BRLTTY still say "cap"
> instead of "Groß".

These (and a few more) missing translations have now also been fixed.