[BRLTTY] Speech and keypad

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Wed May 23 11:38:58 EDT 2012

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> writes:

>>I tried cut&pasting, it took me a long time to realize it was doing it
>>from the braille position, not speech. That seems to make it rather
>>difficult to cut&paste without a display.
>
> It uses the system cursor - not the braille position. That functionality was
> developed, of course, before we had a speech cursor. Now, I guess, we have
> something else to decide.

I think

  BRL_CMD_ROUTE_CURR_LOCN /* bring cursor to speech location */

should help, but while looking I noticed that the complement is
apparently missing, bring speech location to cursor?  Or am I missing something?

I personally think its OK to assume that insertions will happen at the
system cursor.  A simple way to route speech there would help though I guess.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕