[BRLTTY] BRLTTY 4.3, Ubuntu 12.04, Focus 40: Strange behaviour

Michela Botti Michela.Botti at caspur.it
Wed May 30 04:55:49 EDT 2012

Dear all,
As a new member of this list, first of all I would like to thank the BRLTTY
author and team for the great work the've been doing over the years.

After using Red Hat-like distributions with BRLTTy (text-mode only) for a
while, I would like to try Ubuntu, with BRLTTY, possibly in combination with
ORCA. My Focus 40 braille display immediately started to work during boot
on Ubuntu 12.04. However, I seemed not to be able to use the rocker bar to
scroll one line up or down:
pressing the left rocker bar (top or bottom) had no effect at all, while
the right rocker bar moved the physical cursor up or down (which is not
what happens usually). The only way to scroll one line up or down was using
the left wheel, that worked correctly.
Is there any way to modify this behaviour to restore the usual configuration?
The BRLTTY version I tried  was 4.3-1ubuntu5.

Thanks in advance
Michela