[BRLTTY] Empty Lines sometimes not spoken

Sebastian Humenda shumenda at gmx.de
Wed May 30 13:36:49 EDT 2012

Hello Dave,

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> schrieb am 24.05.2012, 13:12 -0400:
>[quoted lines by Sebastian Humenda on 2012/05/24 at 10:05 +0200]
>>with the latest BRLTTY SVN build, I'm experiencing a problem when reading texts.
>>When I'm in Vim on the last line of the text buffer (one line before the last on
>>the screen) and I'm scrolling down, blank lines are spoken as the line above.
>>It's exactly the same content. This does not happen when I get on a blank line
>>at the top or at the middle of the screen.
>>It doesn't trouble me that hard because I have a braille display available, but
>>with speech only it might be a problem.
>
>Maybe I'm not understanding the problem. I edited a file with vim and kept
>pressing down-arrow. The cursor eventually got to the bottom of the screen, at
>which point each down-arrow scrolled the screen up one line. I had numbers
>turned off so that an empty line would truly be empty on the screen. Each time
>an empty line appeared at the bottom of the vim edit area it was correctly
>announced as "space".
I have done it the same way.
But I always get the last line which was not empty. I tried this with the eSpeak
speech driver.
It does also not depend on the key table.
Is there something else to test?

Thanks
Sebastian
--
Blog (English | Deutsch): http://crustulus.de/blog
Teste das freie Latein-Deutsch-Wörterbuch: