[BRLTTY] Braille Code

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Oct 8 11:14:47 EDT 2012

[quoted lines by Jacky Satpal on 2012/10/07 at 07:53 -0700]

>I am in final year Engineering and my final year project is on
>Implementation of Braille on Android

Are you aware that this has already been done? Brltty itself runs on Android as
a very basic test app, and Google has incorporated much of brltty's code into
its BrailleBack app. BrailleBack is available as of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
from Google Play Store.

>So can you suggest me how to do mapping of Braille code to mobile
>phones

I'm not sure what, exactly, you're asking, here. Brltty is written in C whereas
Android uses Java. We're using JNI (the Java Native Interface) as the bridge to
switch between the two languages.

>and also do I require any Hardware

It always helps to have real hardware to test ones code with.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html