[BRLTTY] Getting my braille driver for the FCHAD working.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Oct 10 15:00:15 EDT 2012

I'm not sure what your precise problem is, but you're doing several things you
shouldn't do.

Don't set the column and/or row count to 0. The core relies on accurate values.

Don't use printf(). You can't use the stdio functions within a driver. You must
use brltty's logMessage().

Don't save a pointer to the brl-> structure. I've already asked you not to do
this in a previous message. If you want our advice then please follow it.

Why are you returning EOF? An inspection of every driver will show that the
construct() method returns a boolean indicating success or failure.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html