[BRLTTY] Getting my braille driver for the FCHAD working.

timothyhobbs at seznam.cz timothyhobbs at seznam.cz
Tue Oct 23 19:30:15 EDT 2012

Good news. The driver is done(and by that I mean that I have a preliminarily
functioning driver and firmware, and not that it is perfect in ever aspect
of design and need never be changed again).  It can be downloaded it with
this command:

$git clone https://github.com/timthelion/UOBP.git
(https://github.com/timthelion/UOBP.git)

The license on all of my code is GPL with the same version as the rest of
BRLTTY.  The licence on the .md files is public-domain or CC-0 if you are in
a country without public domain.  There are however two files "mpr121.cpp"
and "mpr121.h" which have another licence which I hope is GPL compat:

(https://raw.github.com/timthelion/UOBP/master/brltty-4.4/Drivers/Braille/UOBP/FCHAD_firmware_arduino/src/License.txt)

(https://raw.github.com/timthelion/UOBP/master/brltty-4.4/Drivers/Braille/UOBP/FCHAD_firmware_arduino/src/License.txt)

https://raw.github.com/timthelion/UOBP/master/brltty-4.4/Drivers/Braille/
UOBP/FCHAD_firmware_arduino/src/License.txt
(https://raw.github.com/timthelion/UOBP/master/brltty-4.4/Drivers/Braille/UOBP/FCHAD_firmware_arduino/src/License.txt)

If it is not GPL compat, this is not a problem for the BRLTTY driver.  These
files are only used in the firmware and not in the driver itself.

In production code, line 29 of uobp_general.h should be commented out.  That
is "#define LOG_EVERYTHING 1"

I should be having the chance to test prototype #2 in the coming weeks.  I'm
so excited!  I am confident I can beat the opticon in both price and
durability :D !

Timothy

PS: there is still one known bug.  And that is with the MakeFile.in .  I
have not set it up properly, and therefor if you change a .h file, you must
touch each .c file that was affected by the change in order to get  make to
recompile those affected files.