[BRLTTY] Python 3 brlapi?

Hammer Attila hammera at pickup.hu
Thu Oct 25 03:07:11 EDT 2012

Hy,

In Ubuntu Quantal stable release Orca drops following traceback messages
a debug.out file when I want using native braille support with Brltty
4.4-5ubuntu3 default shipped package version:
BrlTTY seems to have disappeared:
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/orca/braille.py", line 1717, in
_brlAPIKeyReader
     key = _brlAPI.readKey(False)
   File "brlapi.pyx", line 535, in brlapi.Connection.readKey
(brlapi.auto.c:6563)
brlapi.OperationError: <unprintable OperationError object>

Of course, the python3-brlapi package are default installed the Ubuntu
12.10 release, both live system and target installation.
This is a downstream issue with related to Ubuntu Quantal stable
release, or the Python3 binding of brlapi module not full ready yet with
Brltty side?
Quantal ship default with Orca 3.7.0.93-0ubuntu1 version. What place
upstream level need reporting this bug?
If I ran python3 command and try import brlapi with import brlapi code
line, I not see any error message.

Have a possibility to anyway use native Brltty support in Python3
environment the Orca Screen Reader, or need waiting the next Brltty
release when done the Python3 migration?

Attila