[BRLTTY] Brllty suportet Braille Displays

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Wed Sep 19 06:41:03 EDT 2012

Joakim Nordell <joakim.nordell at gmail.com> writes:

> On 15/09/2012, Petra Ritter <petra at access-for-all.ch> wrote:
>>
>> I am just interested what experience Users of certain Braille Display
>> have made.
>>
>> Me aim is to use the new Braille display on both Windows 7 with Jaws 12
>> and 13 and Ubuntu (12.04  at the moment). I want to obtain a Braille
>> Display, which works well on both operating systems.
>
> At my work I am using a Alva BC640 in a quite similar setup.
> Running both Ubuntu and windows 7 on different computers.
> How ever I have sent the display on service / repair multiple times.

The BC models are known to have problems with the cells.
I would have gotten myself one approx. a year ago if I hadn't known
about these issues in advance.  You can be lucky of course and get a
piece of hardware with just works, however, there have been many service
cases around the BC models, so I personally would advice against buying
one, its too risky in my humble opinion.  I agree, its a very pretty
piece of hardware.  But also a risky buy.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕