[BRLTTY] Recommended live distribution

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Sep 19 11:51:51 EDT 2012

[quoted lines by Klaus Knopper on 2012/09/19 at 17:38 +0200]

>What about attribute cursor routing, automatic profile detection and
>selection etc.?

i'm all for adding useful features. Perhaps you could describe how each of
these works so that we can try to get it right the first time.

For example, I understand what attribute-based routing is, but what I don't
know is the best way to define it.

I think I know what you mean by profiles - changing brltty's settings based on
the current foreground probram - but I'm not sure how detecting which program
is currently in the foreground is best done, especially given screen-managed
windows, ssh sessions, etc.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html