[BRLTTY] Recommended live distribution

David Renström david at davidrenstrom.com
Fri Sep 21 07:17:07 EDT 2012

Hi S.M.,

I've now downloaded and tested the 32-bit version of GRML from May 2012 and so far it seems to work quite beautifully. I get braille (with the brltty boot option) on my VarioPro 64 and also the sound card is detected and used properly. I especially like the beep which indicates the boot prompt... :)

Ironically, the only thing which has failed me so far is the hwinfo command. It prints a lot of stuff but before I get time to read anything, all of it disappears and instead an error message is shown telling me that Dbus/libhal failed. Seems to be a bug.

Thanks for the tip.

Cheers,
/David R.