[BRLTTY] Accessing brlAPI from Client Application in Windows Environment

Siju Samuel sijusamueltech at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 11:18:06 EDT 2013

Hi,

Thanks for the info on on the pre-built binaries.  I will modify the
build/environment setup as per the GPL/LGPL  requirements. Currently I am
just trying it understand it better.

Thanks,
Siju samuel

Subject: Re: [BRLTTY] Accessing brlAPI from Client Application in
        Windows Environment

Hello,

> Trying to compile and install brltty by executing "mkwin". Is that?
> correct.?

Yes.

> Also does it require any othersteps like configure?

mkwin does it.

That said, there are pre-built binaries for windows on
http://brl.thefreecat.org/brltty/

That'll probably save you much headache.

> -make client program which ?access brlapi by #including brlapi.h and
linking
> with libbrlapi.a

Note: libbrlapi is LGPL. Statically linking with it means your
application has to be LGPL too. If it is not, you need to use dynamic
linking (and you can put the libbrlapi.so file along your application,
if needed)

Samuel