[BRLTTY] Using the brlapi

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Thu Aug 8 14:22:59 EDT 2013

Nicole Blumhorst, le Thu 08 Aug 2013 13:05:05 -0500, a écrit :
> I am using the brlapi (in c++ on windows with a BrailleNote Apex) and I have
> the code at http://mielke.cc/brltty/doc/Manual-BrlAPI/English/BrlAPI-5.html#
> ss5.6 running. However, when I write anything to the braille display it jumbles
> up the message. For example "abc" displays as "?c" and "abcdefg" displays as
> "???g". Any ideas on why it is coming out wierd?

Probably an issue with unicode mode.  AFAIU, the UNICODE preprocessor
macro is supposed to be defined when using unicode, and undefed when not
using unicode, but apparently some build environment do not work that
way, I have never had a definite answer.  You may want to try to #undef
UNICODE before including brlapi.h, or use directly brlapi_writeTextWin()
with the "wide" parameter set to 0. We will probably have to rethink
this part of the API on windows.

Samuel