[BRLTTY] error happened when installing on Mac

李东钰 lidongyu08 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 15:46:16 EDT 2013

I've been able to get the source to compile by renaming TimeValue to
TimeVal in brltty, but I've now come up against a linker error:

ld: symbol dyld_stub_binding_helper not defined (usually in
crt1.o/dylib1.o/bundle1.o)

I found this webstie "https://github.com/patzy/glop/issues/15"
Should I adding /usr/lib/dylib1.o to the LDFLAGS command in makefile?

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:

> [quoted lines by 李东钰 on 2013/08/15 at 13:53 -0500]
>
> >after ./configure, then error happened when 'make'
> >It said:
> >
> >./timing.h:36: error: conflicting types for ‘TimeValue’
>
> >/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Headers/../Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Headers/MacTypes.h:553:
> >error: previous declaration of ‘TimeValue’ was here
> >

> There are, essentially, only two ways to resolve this problem. One would
> be to
> rename everywhere where brltty uses the type TimeValue. The other would be
> see if there's some simple way to prevent the Mac headers from defining
> that
> type. Could you please send a copy of the mactypes.h header that the error
> refers to?
>
> --
> Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | The Bible is the very Word of
> God.
> Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | http://Mielke.cc/bible/
> EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://FamilyRadio.com/

sent from Dongyu Li