[BRLTTY] BRLTTY autostart

Sebastian Humenda shumenda at gmx.de
Sun Aug 18 12:09:09 EDT 2013

Hello,

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL schrieb am 17.08.2013,  0:29 +0200:
>I make brltty start automatically at boot time. But when starting, BRLTTY speaks
>in English and not in French. However, if I restart brltty once logged in, it
>speaks in French. It means that brltty can use brltty.mo at the proper time,
Do you use Debian? On Debian, you must run
  update-initramfs  -u
after making changes to the configuration and so it might be that the
initramfs file  has an directive to start BRLTTY in English.

Or have you maybe just /usr at another partition, so that the mo file is not
present at BRLTTY startup? For this I have no simple solution at hand, but it
might help to copy the mo file to the not-yet-mounted /usr.

HTH
Sebastian
--
Web: http://www.crustulus.de   | Blog (eng / deu): http://www.crustulus.de/blog