[BRLTTY] A suspicious problem: if a text containing dot7 and dot8 dots, the text is unreadable

Hammer Attila hammera at pickup.hu
Fri Aug 30 01:11:07 EDT 2013

Dear list,

The Orca Screen Reader using following variations when need presenting
hiperlinks and selected texts with braille:
A. None: if this preference are selected, the normal text presenting the
braille display.
B. Dot7: if this preference selected, Orca presenting the selected text
or a hiperlink with dot7 underline.
C. Dot7 and dot8: if this preference selected, Orca presenting the
selected text or hiperlink text with dot7 and dot8 underline style.
D. dot8: if this preference the selected preference, Orca presenting
selected text with dot8 underline style.

I experienced following suspicious problem with Ubuntu 13.10 live CD
when the selected text table is hu.ttb (hu.ttb table not happened any
change):
If in Orca preferences/braille page the dot7 and dot8 or the dot8
preference the selected preference, and for example with Firefox I jump
a link, the link text is full unreadable. Same the test result if in
Gedit I select a line with SHIFT+END key combination.
This two preference works good for example with my Ubuntu 12.04 system
the oldest Brltty 4.3 native packaged version.
I verifyed the Orca debug.out file the generated braille result, Orca
sends good text the braille display
An example output when I enabled the Orca contracted braille feature and
selected the hungarian grade1 table:
generate braille for focused app.name='Firefox' name='Háromnapos gyász
jön Spanyolországban' role='link' state='enabled focusable opaque
sensitive visible selectable text' relations='' (args={'role': <enum
ATSPI_ROLE_LINK of type AtspiRole>, 'includeContext': False, 'mode':
'braille', 'recursing': True, 'formatType': 'focused',
'useDefaultFormatting': False}) using '[Link(obj,
asString(currentLineText)                                     or
asString(displayedText)                                     or
asString(name))]'
GENERATION  TIME: 0.0024  ---->  currentLineText=['Háromnapos gyász jön
Spanyolországban ']
COMPLETION  TIME: 0.0041
generate braille results:
  Link: 'h"romnapos 4"5 jqn $spa6olor5"gban ', 0
BRAILLE LINE:  'h"romnapos 4"5 jqn $spa6olor5"gban h#a'
     VISIBLE:  'h"romnapos 4"5 jqn $spa6olor5"gban h#a', cursor=1
The text right contracted with Liblouis before Orca sends the braille
display, h#a meaning the text have heading level 1 style.

I experienced this problem independent with Orca contracted braille
feature enabled or not, default the contracted braille check box is
unchecked. I tested both two text style preferences the Brltty
preferences menu (6 dots or 8 dots preferences).
In Ubuntu 13.10 following Brltty version awailable: 4.5-3ubuntu1

Before I opening an unneed report for Orca with Bugzilla, anybody have
any ydea how can possible testing this problem Brltty side independent
with Orca?

Attila