[BRLTTY] New release coming soon.

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Fri Dec 13 23:14:34 EST 2013

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:

> In light of this major code change, would each of you who can please build
> brltty using its latest development code, and test it using as many
> communication methods (serial, USB, Bluetooth) as you can with as many
> different braille devices as you can.

For those of us running Debian, what's the best way to create an updated
package for the BRLTTY pre-release? I would rather install from a package so
as not to have extraneous files in my file system resulting from having run
'make install'.

One way would be to generate a tar file from the svn repository (presumably
there's a make option for creating a clean, releasable source tree), then copy
the Debian packaging files into it, then update those files appropriately and
build a package - but there might be better ways, which is why I'm asking
here.